Monday, March 22, 2010

Weekend/Week/Weekend Update from Florence, SC :)

It's been a busy time and I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while.

I was in Raleigh this past weekend and week, catching up with people and absorbing their positive energy and enjoying every moment of privacy I could steal.  I saw a bunch of theatre (you'd think I'd be sick of it by now) and ate at Gypsy's 3 times!!!!!  I'm lame.  :)

Still editing the video from my day o' fun with Will Stutts  - look for that soon!

I've actually just wrapped up a lovely weekend.

Saturday morning I performed at the Tryon's Children Theatre - an event over 30-years old where many different types of acts come and perform: from jugglers to mimes to ventriloquists.  We shared our space with the best ventriloquist I've ever seen in my life.  Too cool.  We performed in an art-house movie theatre, very similar in design and vibe to the Rialto Theatre of Raleigh - Truly Awesome, except that I fell on my ass (yes, literally) both shows.  Well, God has to keep us humble.  :)

Tryon Theatre - The slipperiest theatre thus far!

Our show was well-received; the Prince jokes were greatly appreciated by the adults in the audience.  :)  We also got to participate in the parade; they closed down the street in front of the Fine Arts Building and we walked behind a banner and waved at children.  It was one of the most adorable things I've ever been a part of.

Then I continued my adventure to Greenville - a mere 40 minutes from Tryon - to meet the divinely lovely Meghan Meier!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd told her I just wanted to go to Barley's for pizza; the rest of the activities were up to her.  We traveled to Simpsonville to celebrate one of her friend's birthday, and played on the swing set in the backyard.  She took me to see the house that she's closing on the end of the month, and then we were off to downtown to participate in the Google event.  The city of Greenville asked people to come downtown Saturday night to gather in the park and spell out the word 'Google' with red, blue, and green glow sticks in an effort to get Google to bring their fiber optic network there.  It was amusing making fun of the people who were a little too excited/enthusiastic to spell, but when all 2500 volunteers did the wave, I've gotta admit, it was a sight to see. It was a really fun, once-in-a-lifetime thing to do in downtown Greenville.

I'm in the big G, part of the tab part!

Having walked around all evening, Meghan and I decided to ride a rickshaw to Barley's.  (As many times as I've wanted to ride one in downtown Raleigh, I find it amusing that the first one I ride is in a town I'm visiting.) Pizza was kickass as usual, but we were exhausted as ever, so instead of getting into more trouble we decided to head home.  After a pathetic attempt to watch Bedknobs & Broomsticks, we settled into sleep.

I slept really well.  And I actually got enough.  I REALLY needed that.

Sunday was brunch at an uppity place called High Cotton.  Wasn't sure if they were actually going to let me in -  I mean, it was South Carolina, and I was wearing jeans - but it was a pretty fancy schmancy place.  The food was eh.  It was okay, I guess.

Then Meghan and I finally sat our butts down in her living room and watched Bedknobs & Broomsticks.  Being that it was the 25th anniversary DVD edition, there were many deleted songs added back into the final cut.  They should've left them out, quite frankly; the editor has a job for a reason.

And now, I am back on tour - the final stretch.  13 days to be precise, with as many performances.  We're basically going in one big circle:  Columbia, SC to Orlando, FL to Tifton, Ga to Cumming, GA to Columbia, SC and then back to Asheville.  I'm planning to treat myself to a LEGENDARY drive home; I've most definitely earned the right to control my travel destiny for a day of awesome.

Stay Tuned!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment